Thursday, March 5, 2009

Random me- A tag! [Another tag ;)]

I think I do more tags than I write blog entries ;) Tags are fun to do. The ease of having questions asked and not having to think of what to write about is definitely more than welcome for my lazy bones. :D So, here is this tag, Random me, picked from Sash's . This darling girl has done it delectably [quite so with all the brinjal and fish ,lol :P]. My turn,
Here are the rules [Which I might not, erm, will not stick to anyway ;)]:
The Random Tag Rules : Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you.
At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged.

You have to link the person who tagged you.

And here I go:

1. I am indecisive.

Hell, I am. This is by far the most constant attribute of me. I've always been, will be and am indecisive. Librans are born with this load on their body. They just can't decide. And I am so full of it I take an hour every damn morning to decide what I should wear to the college [No, its not about my concern to look good or the routine 'girly' thing. Even if I were a guy I'd take as much time :/ also that is one reason I loved school, there's a uniform and you don't need to decide. But, I used to, since I had 3 sets of uniform, I took time to pick one among them too. Sigh!]

2. If you tell me, I am not doing it.

No one can tell me/coax me into doing a certain thing. I do when I wish to do, when I feel upto it and I will not do it, most definitely, if someone asks me to. It actually irks me no end when people ask me to do something and people at home have an uncanny timing to tell me to do something, for example, study, right when I am mentally preparing to pick my book. The moment someone says it, it sort of bursts the entire idea that has been forming in my head. So, I will not study. It might look rude to a certain cross section of people, but wth. I cannot, will not. ;)

3. I think I am manipulative:

Very manipulative. I think I am the witchy kind and I bring people or events to a certain effect. I have that awareness of directing someone's emotion and when someone responds in the way I had charted it out, it makes me swell. Or so I think. ;)

4.OCD :

When I get obsessed, I get obsessed. I have this theory of a threshold- Anything if given repeatedly will wear its charm away. So I give that particular person/song/food to myself repeatedly, several times- If I grow over it, if I notice a decline in the feeling for it, there I know I can get over it. Those things I don't get over after my exercise in threshold testing, will remain as things I love. And however I try I will never get over them :)

5.I have silly games/theories/sounds:

LOTS of them! And I will get them going no matter if the person likes it or not. So much for pledging to tolerate me :D One such theory is [just to say, how silly I can be]- Aftercalls. If I like the person a lot [which always is since I am so extreme with emotion. I either like someone too much and get indulgent or I am just plain indifferent] and I happen to call/ the person does. After a lengthy conversation, (which will be a few hours) [now I am not the phone person but like I said I am on the extremes always], and we've said bye, I'll call back again. Say: This is an aftercall. A reminder to let you know all the time I just spent with you is special to me and I will miss you until next time :D Shyaah, my hopeless romanticism ;) [See the word, Shyaah? :D]

6.I am a night person:

I LOVE the night sky, the stillness of nights. I can study so well and I have such easy concentration at night. I can't study in the mornings, until dusk. I really can't. I am so active in the nights. la la la. :)

7.Fallible:

Okay, now this is a secret. I let myself be fallible at times. I have the consciousness of what I am doing, I know what I am saying but I will presume this is my fallible mode and whatever I do or say here is/ will be without consequence. Its a sort of refuge when I want to say something and my waking senses or morals will not help me. Bah! I will be dead! :P

8.Earth and sky:

Something that makes me smile. The Moon , the clouds, a patch of green, a homegrown flower. So innocent and so indifferent. They are my releases to my kind of world. Such peace.

9.I talk to myself:

And loud. I don't murmur or talk in a dreamed up cloud. I talk to myself in voice and clearly. And I LOVE doing that.

10. I am incorrigible and egoistic:

I have to end conversations, I have to satisfy my ego, and I will never grow out of the compulsion to do so. Never!

11.Reclusive silence:

I am the kind that will not speak for myself. I just won't talk and I expect people to just understand it if they will. If I like someone, if I dislike a certain thing, whatever it is , I just won't say. And its hurt me real bad a lot of times, but I still cant get over the habit. Maybe I am lazy there too ;)

12.I am easily complacent:

I can weave myself in a dense web of complacence even before I do something substantial enough to get complacent. This makes me over confident and again, I hurt myself bad. :S


13.Germ-i-clean:

I freak out on hygiene. No, I do not bath regularly, I am just too lazy to put myself through a bath. But I have to have clean feet, clean nails, clean hair, clean face,clean slippers too. Spotlessly clean. I feel so yuck when I see dirty feet or dirt in nails, I feel like throwing some water over them until they come clean or going and chopping that long grown nail off their hand :S I can't even tolerate someone sleeping on my bed or resting their head on the pillow. I start to think of disease transmissions, fomites, eew!

14.I love dusting:

I know this is silly, but wth we are talking random stuff, anyway.I love that feeling of dusting something and restoring its sheen. Gives me the feeling of an archaeologist :P Also, washing a dirty brown linen to white, ah, when you see the white, it is SO fulfilling. But, of course, the linen better be washable and it better get back to white with little effort , else, I'd burn it up. :D

15.. I look at the recipe book, everytime. :

:( I might be bright with academics, brainy, blah, blah, blah, but I just cannot, cannot ever cook something from memory.I have to look at the recipe book every single time, and with every step. I just won't remember, more properly, I am just not sure if what I remember is right :S

16.I read the newspaper backwards:

One habit, I can't get over. I read the newspaper starting from the last page. I've always been like this. Sometimes, I try to start from the first but I just can't read more than a page that way. Also, I have a habit of marking interesting stuff with pencil [yes, on the newspaper!] - I fear if this thread will be my passport to an asylum ;) :P

17.I think I am asylum material:[:P]

I really think so and sometimes go to the extreme lengths of trying to find out why I am not into one already. Maybe people haven't seen it yet , properly, they will if I come out of my room. Some day some one will take me to one. :P

18.Physiology of emesis:

I am very uncomfortable with crowds. I feel stuffed, like all these people are drawing up all the air and filling it with more CO2 and I have to breath that, THAT? No! Also, in the buses, those closed air-conditioned buses, I will most definitely throw up. And all this because the physiology of vomitting will be playing in my head on loop. :S

19.Confused in crowds:

I get very very confused when I see lots of people. Too much color, too many faces, glaring lights, I can't grasp the enormity with my two simple eyes.

20.I LOVE my solitude:

I can't ever give up this one thing, ever. I need time off all the stuff and with myself. This is more evident in the way I am always locked up in my room, always in my room.

21.I have sudden inspirations:

Like I said earlier, I'd do anything if I got an inspiration. If I feel like painting, I will then and there, if I feel like climbing onto the terrace , I will, even if there is no ladder. [Once I wanted to have a cinematic shower, I stepped on a tap and broke it. It was SO much fun fixing it up and having the shower of course! :D]

22. I pride myself on the general knowledge:

Dad and me keep this going at the dining table. And I LOVE it. Several guests think it a privilege to join our dining table discussions, yay! Also, I am a self-proclaimed techie. :D Atleast a beginner techi, erm, whatever, I am techier than the average man! ;P

23. Bad table manners:

Bad manners puts me off and that at the table it makes me want to throw up. I can't continue eating when I see someone scattering food and using up all their hands in the effort to eat. Eew, its SO gross! That said, I, sometimes, [when I am alone] try acting that out. Sit clumsily, eat even clumsily. All to know why I can't get over that hatred for clumsy eating. lol!


24. I enact stuff real well:

I can imitate people, enact their expressions quite well. This makes me the stand-up comedian at gatherings. Of course, the gathering should be of people I know, in the sense, only and only my cousins and aunts. The first relations. NO ONE else. Not even my friends. And if there is a person who thinks he/she can imitate, I'll never get up to perform. [I don't like indulging in a competition! Not a competition of humor atleast!]

25.I cry:

A lot! But there are certain rules to it. I do not cry in the moment. I won't cry in front of anyone [that will make me count as weak.] I will stack them all up until I reach a point where I cannot hold myself back and I start crying. Sometimes, though, I just feel like crying, and since I will not have an immediate reason, I will pick one reason from the stack. :P Now, this reason can be as old as 'someone- told- me- something- bad- in- my- 2nd- standard'. :S That random, I am! :D Also , after crying out to my heart's extent, I will go upto the mirror and console myself. :D

26. Yes, 26!:

:P I detest hypocrites, people who rape languages and pieces of information with their antics and half-knowledge [specially english], ignorant stunted heads, blah, blah-blah-blah. :D [There I am satisfied about breaking the rule :D]

Addendum:[This too! :P]
I can't tell my right from left - I need to take each of my hand to my mouth to see which is more natural and oft-repeated and then confirm :P Specially when giving directions, it has to be fast so I cover by saying- this side, this side :D
I can't tie my shoe lace and I eat food cold . :S :D

Ah, I think I can write another 25 things. :S

Sigh, why should the tag ask only 25. :P

*Deep breath* This was fun! SO much fun :) Thanks to all of those who've read it. Also to those who haven't [atleast their idea of my sanity will remain :D].

Go ahead, those who feel like doing it. It is fun reading too :)





4 comments:

  1. conjecture if any1 of us write 26 points on rself....each n every1 will find few points common.....nice to knw bout fellow blogger

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! 26! and you somehow managed to write soo much! you know how much trouble i'm taking just to write the med blog!!
    a few qualities, i've seen in other people of your stature as well, ego, manipulation. i'm glad that you're outspoken about it.
    and yesss! i cant stand people who lie down on my bed as well, their breath on my pillow etc.. its a territorial thing i think! simply dont like it! same pinch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah me! Another Leo? If I am not mistaken. We cant stop at 25 and need a certain level of maturity of 40+ let us say, lol, to find brakes :D


    Loved knowing the OC you even more:) Actually!

    ReplyDelete