Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Holding hands..what does it mean to you? :)

I found this thread on the community,FIBJ owned by Sachin (Orkut). Putting it up here :) I'll tag my friends obviously. :)
Its simple : What does it mean to you...?
...
The internet gyan says: Two or more people voluntarily hold hands for one of the following reasons and purposes:
...
1. handshake
...
2. in certain religious services, to pray
...
3. in various occult rituals
...
4. to express friendship or love
...
5. to enjoy physical intimacy
...
6. for emotional support
...
7. to guide (a child, a blind person, in darkness, etc.)
...
8. to urge to follow
...
9. to keep together (in a crowd or in darkness)
...
10.to help the other walk, stand or climb up
...
11. to dance
...
12. to arm wrestle
...

My answers :

1. handshake
Its not anything like holding hands- Very superfluous to me. So, it goes to people who've just been introduced to me [ This hasn't ever set well with me, my relations (intimate or otherwise) have never followed a formal introduction. :) ]
......
2. in certain religious services, to pray

.......
3. in various occult rituals
Excuse me, can I have an example of an 'occult ritual'? :P
.....
4. to express friendship or love
One of those HIGHLY romantic things for me. (Believe a Libran when she says that!).Takes less effort but gives such amazing feeling.
I've held hands with my friends for no reasons, when bored, and the hands hang lose by the shoulder/chair- Pat them, swing them to and fro. Feels so nice :)
Expressing love- Well, this is one thing a man SHOULD do when he proposes to his girl ! Better still, one thing he shouldn't forget to do ever! Speaks volumes :)
.......
5. to enjoy physical intimacy
Aye, you can end up finding your hand-twin :P :)
.......
6. for emotional support
On the contrary, how about hi-fives. Emotional support too :P
........
7. to guide (a child, a blind person, in darkness, etc.)
I don't know about guiding. But help a child/old man to some place- See how your heart swells :)
.....
8. to urge to follow
Hehe, my friends will know this better! I always have *important* things to say, I pull them out and have them follow me :P
.......
9. to keep together (in a crowd or in darkness)
Never did this! I love getting lost, I think :P
........
10.to help the other walk, stand or climb up
Yeah, climb trees, climb walls :D Mom is always supposed to help me stand, if shes around! :D
.......
11. to dance
Aah!! *Dreamy eyes* :) :)
......
12. to arm wrestle
Duh! Look at my biceps! :P

What is yours?? I'd like to tag :

Meena

Sash

Usha ma'am

Prats

2 comments:

  1. done with the tag .. and realised :

    HOLDING HANDS WITH EACH OTHER IS BETTER THAN HOLDING GRUDGES AGAINST EACH OTHER !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rukhiya!

    Nice to read this...
    You have an interesting blog..
    will keep visiting, Rukhiya

    wishes,
    devia

    ReplyDelete